When I was young, my mother was told I would never live past 21 years old. Conventional wisdom believed that I was stricken with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Several tests, many of which were traumatic, showed symptoms supporting such diagnosis.
Not prepared to accept defeat, my mother decided to seek out additional options of care. This brought me to more alternative forms of healthcare. There we came to discover that a virus had caused my symptoms.
In discovering the actual cause of the sickness and not simply focusing on the symptoms, I began to recover and proved conventional wisdom wrong.
Coincidentally, one of Chiropractic care’s major tenets is just that: Treat the cause of the issue, do not simply treat the symptoms. This foundation is largely why I chose Chiropractic as my career so that I can try my best to solve problems and not simply treat them.
MORE ABOUT DR. MASON GREENSLADE
- Bachelors: Western Washington University, Bellingham, Wash.
- Doctorate: Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, Iowa
- Certifications: Advanced Activator, Chiro-Manipulative Reflex, and Sacro-Occipital Technique
- Favorite cities: New Delhi, San Francisco, and Seattle
- Key to success: Accept that no one has all the answers